Adult Beginner Hoops
Here you will find several collections of hula hoops that are perfect for the beginning hula hooper as well as someone that just wants a hoop they can dance and flow with on their body
Which Hula Hoop for Beginners?
- I'm brand new to hooping and need a hoop to learn with.
- I've been hooping for a while already and want new hoop to flow with.
- I'm most interested in hooping on my waist.
- I'm looking for a cheap hula hoop that will last a long time.
- I am mostly interested in hooping for fun and fitness.
- I am not concerned with becoming an Instagram celebrity hooper.
- I want a hoop that fits my personality.
- I don't need a hula hoop for tricks.
- I'm looking for a mellow dance partner to have fun with.
- I want a weighted hula hoop, but not too heavy.
If you were able to agree with just a few of the above points, then please read on, or if you already know what you want, go shopping already!
I'm new to hooping, what size hoop should I get?
- Place the hula hoop on the ground, standing up.
- The hoop should come up to somewhere between your waist and 3 inches above your belly button.
- The smaller, shorter, lighter you are, the closer to your waist the hoop should measure.
- The bigger, taller and heavier you are, the closer to your navel the hoop should measure.
- You can't go wrong with a medium sized hoop! It's the average size most adults get.
Here's a few things to keep in mind about hula hoops.
- The bigger and heavier the hoop, the slower it will move and the easier it will be to use and learn on body hooping with.
- Beginner hoops are usually made from PE plastic.
- The average size hoop for a beginner hooper is 36″ – 42″ in diameter.
- If the hoop feels too heavy or big, you can always get another smaller one, and you probably will anyways!